A UK council was having problems with showers in one of their facilities when they asked Biochemica Water to provide a solution. The sports pavilion had been having problems with bacterial failures in their football changing rooms and as a stop gap, they had a member of staff regularly flushing the system. This was not a permanent solution and it was a time-consuming task. The challenge for Biochemica Water was to prevent the bacterial failures in the showers without having to physically flush the system.
The challenge for Biochemica Water was to prevent the bacterial failures in the showers without having to physically flush the system.
WHAT WE DID
- Our technical experts reviewed the full system, completed all the required remedial work around the system and identified the opportunity to install innovative fully automatic flushing shower units at the end of each run.
- The parameters of the automatic flushing showers can be set by the council, meaning the time of day the showers are flushed, how long for etc. The innovative shower units log data when the system is flushed, which provides the council with the information needed in order to maintain adequate records.
- The automatic flushing unit also resets after the shower has been used. The system is set to flush for a period of time every 12 hours, if the shower has been used in that time period the flushing will be reset as to not waste water.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED
- The automatic flushing shower units have proved to be a success for the council. There have been NO positive bacterial results since the install of the units. It has also freed up the member of staff on site as manual flushing is no longer required.
- The innovative automatic flushing showers have the capacity to be connected to the Wi-Fi. This means that the showers could be monitored and flushed remotely if required, making them even more efficient.