What Information do we Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and your visits to this website and how you use it – this may include your IP address, geographical location (city, region, country), browser type, referral source, length of visit overall and per page and number of page views
- information that you provide for subscribing to our newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie is information sent by a web server to a web browser, and then stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to recognise and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers only enable the rejection of third party cookies. Internet Explorer allows the refusal of all cookies. You can do this by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- issue our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any current or potential legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
Security of your Personal Information
Biochemica will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information provided to us on our secure servers.
It should be noted that data transmission over the internet is often considered to be insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet.
You may ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time (you will usually either be required to agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Biochemica UK Ltd.