Water and wastewater treatment company Biochemica UK Ltd is recruiting a permanent, full-time Water Hygiene Technician to join its regional team in Norfolk as part of its continued expansion.
Headquartered in Billingham, Biochemica is the largest independent water treatment firm in the North East of England, operating nationwide and in Ireland to provide specialist water management services and chemical products across multiple industries.
Biochemica’s national client base includes organisations across sectors such as chemical manufacture, healthcare, energy, pharmaceuticals, automotive manufacture, steel works, aggregates, paint and coatings, building services, municipal, food and beverage and the public sector, plus many more.
In addition to commodity chemical distribution, Biochemica offers the full spectrum of water treatment services from boiler, cooling and wastewater treatment to Legionella control and monitoring works, as well as environmentally-friendly chemical products and services through Ecochemica. All services are supported by complete engineering and equipment solutions.
Due to increased customer demand, Biochemica is looking to grow its regional team to support existing and future Legionella control and monitoring contracts in Norfolk.
The role of the Water Hygiene Technician is to deliver Legionella control responsibilities for the company’s client portfolio which meet Biochemica’s high quality, environmental and health and safety standards and working in-line to water regulations and client requirements.
- Measuring and recording hot and cold water temperatures to comply with ACoP L8 and HSG 274 (part 1, 2, 3) guidance
- Reporting any deficiencies observed during an inspection and recommending remedial actions
- Making minor adjustments to operating conditions of water systems
- Carrying out sampling of water systems for microbiological analysis
- Cleaning and disinfecting taps and showerheads
- Completing cold water storage tank inspections, and clean and disinfection works
- Updating, collecting and sharing Legionella logbook data using an electronic monitoring system (ZetaSafe2) and undertaking audits
- Communicating with relevant Account Managers at all times
- Attending internal meetings
- Attending regular internal and external training
- Ensuring that work is completed in a safe environment at all times
- Communicating with customers to ensure that all work completed is satisfactory
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Legionella control and monitoring works for multi-site contracts (ideally in the healthcare/ public sector)
- Confined space trained (preferable but training can be provided)
- Excellent knowledge of water regulations, specifically Legionella control
- Holder of Safety Passport
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (to include IT and use of packages such as Excel and Word).
- Full, clean driving licence
Ideal applicants will be locally-based (Norfolk) and highly motivated, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team with good time management.
Biochemica is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes CVs from everyone.
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Benefits: Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, private health care and company pension schemes, ongoing training opportunities
How to apply: Please send a comprehensive, up to date CV with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Biochemica UK Ltd, Unit 4 Daimler Drive, Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, Billingham, TS23 4JD.
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 11 January 2016
Start date: As soon as possible
For further information about Biochemica UK Ltd, please continue to explore the website, and to request a full job description, call our Customer Service team on 08455 045440 or email email@example.com.
To learn more about working at Biochemica, please visit the Careers page.