Leading water management firm, Biochemica UK Ltd is recruiting a permanent, full-time, Legionella Risk Assessor.
As one of just a handful of UK companies to provide both water and wastewater treatment solutions, Biochemica specialises in six core business streams, all supported by complete engineering and equipment capabilities. The core business streams are:
- Wastewater treatment
- Chemical supply
- Boiler water treatment
- Cooling water treatment
- Legionella control and monitoring services
Biochemica’s client portfolio covers a host of sectors, from the public sector to heavy industry. The Legionella Risk Assessor will be required to complete Legionella Risk Assessments for domestic water systems within a range of properties and buildings as well as cooling towers, in-line with the appropriate HSE ACoP standard and HSG 274 guidance.
Biochemica is headquartered in Billingham in the North East of England, with regional teams based in Scotland, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Wales, the South East and South West. As Biochemica’s existing client base is nationwide, there will be an extensive need to travel as part of this role. Applicants must therefore be flexible and able to work independently.
- Conducting Legionella Risk Assessments for Biochemica’s existing client base and future business to meet relevant industry standards and legislation i.e. ACoP L8 and HSG 274 (parts 1-3) guidance
- Compiling remedial actions and making appropriate recommendations
- Creating and collating professional schematic drawings and accurate reports for clients and Biochemica Account Managers
- Organising and prioritising workloads and liaising with other team members to ensure all work is carried out on time and on budget
- Building and maintaining superior client relationships
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Legionella Risk Assessment professional qualification / certification i.e. City & Guilds or Water Management Society certificate or other appropriate qualification
- Suitable level of experience in carrying out Legionella Risk Assessments for both domestic water systems and cooling towers in line with ACoP L8 and HSG 274 guidance parts 1, 2 and 3
- Candidates must be fully conversant with Health & Safety legislation regarding water services
- Experience of independent working which has proved to be in an efficient and effective manner, and as part of a wider team
- Ability to communicate well and accurately, both in writing and verbally
- Full UK driving licence
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated with a methodical, professional approach and positive attitude.
How to apply: Send a CV with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Biochemica UK Ltd, Unit 4 Daimler Drive, Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, Billingham, TS23 4JD
Closing date: 5pm, Wednesday 30th September 2015
Start date: ASAP depending upon circumstances
For more information about Biochemica UK Ltd, continue to explore the website, call us on 08455 045440, or email email@example.com. You can also contact us via our submission form and keep up to date on news as it happens on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+.