Water and wastewater treatment company, Biochemica UK Ltd is recruiting a permanent, full-time Field Engineer to support its nationwide client base.
Biochemica provides specialist water management services and chemical products across the healthcare (including the public sector), energy, pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacture, automotive manufacture, steel works, aggregates, paint and coatings, building services, municipal and food and beverage sectors, plus many more.
In addition to commodity chemical distribution, Biochemica offers the full spectrum of water treatment services from boiler, cooling and wastewater treatment to Legionella control and monitoring works. All services are supported by complete engineering and equipment solutions.
Due to increased customer demand, Biochemica is looking to enhance its North East team to support existing and future water management contracts in the region and beyond.
The Field Engineer will primarily be responsible for the installation and maintenance of Biochemica dosing equipment, as well as preparing quotes and working with Account Managers to solve equipment related issues for the company’s extensive client portfolio. An aspect of travel throughout agreed geographic areas will therefore be integral to the role.
Projects are largely related to small bore chemical dosing systems for the water industry and as such predominantly involve pumps, pipework, tanks, instrumentation, probes and control units.
- Installation, maintenance and repairs of automatic chemical dosing equipment to include electrical connections and chemical/water connections
- Conducting site surveys and preparing detailed quotes for clients
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key client personnel
- Providing an analytical approach to completing field documentation and reports which must adhere to timescales as determined by the company and legislation requirements
- Managing and maintaining inventory of equipment and spares
- Full responsibility for all aspects of health and safety on the job
- Additional duties can include: minor equipment repair and calibration; recommending changes in chemical dosage, feed rates, or equipment; creating service reports and providing technical support to aligned Account Managers
- Time served or qualified electrician preferably with experience of installation and commissioning of equipment on industrial sites
- Holder of CCSNG or CSCS Safety Passport
- Full, clean driving licence (essential)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Excellent time management, oral and written communication skills (to include IT and use of packages such as Excel and Word)
Ideal applicants will be locally-based to Biochemica headquarters (North East) and as the position will involve some evening and weekend work when there is a business requirement, applicants must only apply if they can offer this flexibility. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated with a methodical, forward thinking approach to their duties.
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Benefits: Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, private health care and company pension schemes, ongoing training opportunities
How to apply: Send a CV with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Biochemica UK Ltd, Unit 4 Daimler Drive, Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, Billingham, TS23 4JD
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 23rd September 2015
Start date: ASAP depending upon circumstances
For further information about Biochemica UK Ltd, please continue to explore the website, and to request a full job description, call our Customer Service team on 08455 045440 or email email@example.com.