Biochemica UK Ltd, the North East’s largest independently owned water treatment company is seeking a permanent, full-time Service Chemist to join its dynamic team.
Newly headquartered in Billingham and operating nationwide, Biochemica offers a complete range of water treatment services and chemical products. Under the company’s Total Water Management philosophy, Biochemica is able to provide solutions for both influent and effluent requirements.
As a result of company growth and ambitious, ongoing development plans, Biochemica is looking to increase its service team to fulfil existing and future contracts based in the region. Biochemica currently works with some of the North East’s most significant chemical, manufacturing and food companies and is expanding into new markets.
Candidates will be expected to complete the following duties:
- Servicing of Boilers, Closed Systems and Cooling Towers
- Routine on-site sampling and analysis of water systems
- Interpreting results and regular liaison with clients
- Completing regular internal and external reports
- Maintaining Chemical Dosing Systems
- Managing the existing North East account base, ensuring accounts are maximised and the profitability of all quoted works
- Attending regular internal and external training
- Providing training to clients
- Auditing Log Books
- Attending regular site and review meeting with clients
The successful candidate will also demonstrate an ambitious approach to the progression of their career, and take a keen interest in undertaking business development responsibilities.
Candidates will be expected to show capabilities within:
- Assisting the business development and sales team to help Biochemica meet its business objectives
- Looking for proactive opportunities to win new business in the region
- Attending networking and industry events to build regional contacts
- Developing and maintaining relationships with pertinent contacts
- Responding to PQQ/ITT and tender opportunities
- Meeting targets
Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable about the water treatment industry, Legionella compliance and technical issues, and be able to work well under pressure, multi-task and have good oral and written communication skills.
Candidates are required to have at least two year’s experience within the water treatment industry, be educated to degree level or have an equivalent, relevant qualification, and hold a full driving license.
Managing Director at Biochemica, Dave Ruddy says: “Our field teams are essential to the delivery of our services and this particular role has great potential for those looking to build a successful career in water treatment.
“Not only will the new appointment benefit from gaining further technical experience, ongoing training and development and a solid benefits package, but they will also have the opportunity to learn more about the water treatment industry from a business perspective.
“This is no ordinary water treatment job but a career move that has numerous possibilities.”
How to apply: Please send CVs with a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment, Biochemica UK Ltd, Unit 4 Daimler Drive, Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, Billingham, TS23 4JD
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2013
For more information: For an informal discussion about what the role entails, please call 08455 045440